Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Christmas In July!

Tonight, is Christmas Eve in July, At my house.....



Tomorrow Christmas in July.............

Let me explain. First of all, I am MAD. ...(hence, the Gothic picture of our stockings above!)

Let’s just say with family, I am the easy going one, the push over, let my kids have everything, etc…..Actually; I don’t sweat the small stuff. I pick my battles and my philosophy is, “If it doesn't hurt them, physically, emotionally, or spiritually, It is “generally” O.K…..” I do get stern, but only when I have too……

I write this tonight, cause right now, I am done, it is NOT O.K., You now know, as my kids know, I AM MAD. Mica cried before going to sleep, Ean just looked at me....

I lay here tonight waiting. Waiting like it is Christmas Eve. For everyone to go to sleep and then Santa does his stuff…..I’ll wait as long as it takes……to pull the plug….......

Let me back up. First of all, I have GREAT kids. They have never heard a curse word in their life, and I DO TAKE ALL THE CREDIT FOR THAT! Secondly, they are generally good kids and friends to each other.

Lately, with the rain showers and the hot weather, it seems to me, they have been confined too much. Maybe it is the gas prices, those little trips that don’t happen this summer like the past, or other things, I just don’t know.. All I know today, I heard each other say curse words like “STUPID”, “IDIOT”, “DUMB”…way tooo tooo much…yet alone the physical abuse they did to each other…...I HATE IT, and now I AM MAD!

I hate that when maybe they are older, the words will fly tooo easily. Kids can be mean in 6th, 7th, and beyond. Although my kids are only 8 and 7, I just fear later, so I am pulling the plug.

I am waiting, like I wait on Christmas Eve for the entire house to get quiet and still. I am pulling the plug to the TV’s, one by one. When they awake tomorrow, cable as they know it will be gone…..I WARNED THEM,……. Mica Cried. Ean looked at me as if to say “Yeah, Right Mom”, well, they did NOT believe. Just a temporary fix…, for now, …..

I am sorry, I know where they get it...and I do take blame for it as well.....but anyhow, the Scrooge Must Advance before it is toooooo late! So the plugs will be pulled.....If this doesn’t work, I WILL cancel totally.

I will miss the Today Show, (not that I watch, but listen from a room away), news maybe three times a month if I am lucky, HGTV or Oprah on very rare occasions ( I do so LOVE Dr. Oz), but that’s it…..THEY WILL LOSE TONS, and hopefully, Verbiage I don’t agree with……………….

So Marry Christmas to ALL this July night, especially my children! And hopefully to be, my sweet, sweet children again…………


A POST NOTE:

When I started writing this it was about 9:30, Now it is 11:37, The Deed is Done......Let me just say, I feel better now! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!