Sunday, August 16, 2009

Other....

Well, I have survived last week. My main computer crashed on Monday! Thank goodness, I am "obsessive compulsive" in this department and have triple back up! Two on external hard drives, and one online, just in case!

I thought I would share about my online backup. Everyone should have this! For $5 a month, www.backblaze.com backs up your computer and you don't even have to think about it. It does it automatically and here is the best part, IT DOES NOT SLOW DOWN YOUR COMPUTER! For everyone, we all have cameras, and pictures of our families, etc. Should a major disaster hit one's home, this is a blessing! Buy it today, and sacrifice a coffee or two in a month. It's worth it!

The trick to this backup is to make your own "My Pictures" folder, or any other folder and store it right on your C: drive. It will not back up things on the operating system, so don't use your computers "My Pictures" folder, etc. Make your own on the C: drive and you can't loose!

TIP ABOUT MAILING PHOTOS

Saw this tip about mailing photos, so I thought I would share!

Take the keeper of light bulbs and flatten it. Slide your photos of loved ones in it, place in envelope and send to other loved ones! Wrinkle-free photos mailed safely!